Pankaj Tripathi Biography: Indian actor Pankaj Tripathi primarily performs in Bollywood. He is well-known for having a natural acting talent. The actor gained notoriety for his supporting part as the “Sultan” in the movie “Gangs of Wasseypur.” Pankaj Tripathi was born on September 5, 1976, in Beland, a tiny town in the Gopalganj region of Bihar, India (age 46 as of 2022). He attended D for his education. Gopalganj’s P. H. School. Tripathi had an early propensity for acting, and at just 12 years old, he began to appear as a “female artist” at “Chhath Festivals” in his hometown.
Tripathi’s father sent him to Patna for further education because he wanted him to become a doctor. He joined the ABVP as a student there and got involved in college politics. He spoke persuasively. Pankaj excelled in sports as well and competed for his college in the high jump and the 100-meter sprint. He enrolled in a school in hotel management after finishing college and worked as a “chef” at Hotel Maurya for two years.
Pankaj Tripathi Biography
|Physical Stats & More
|centimeters– 178 cm
meters– 1.78 m
feet inches– 5 feet 10 Inch
|in kilograms– 72 Kg
|Date of Birth
|5 September 1976
|Belsand, Gopalganj, Bihar
|Madh Island, Mumbai, Maharastra, India
|44 years (as of 2020)
|Star Sign/Zodiac Sign
|Reading, Cooking, Travelling
|Educational & Qualification
|D.P.H School, Gopalganj, Bihar
|National School of Drama (NSD), Delhi, India
|Relationships & More
|15 January 2004
|Affairs / Girlfriend
|Father– Pandit Banaras Tiwari
Mother– Hemwanti Devi
|Spouse / Wife
|Son– Not Known
|Source of Income & Net Worth and Car Collection
|$2-3 Million (Approx, as of 2020)
Family & Personal Details
- Tripathi was raised in a Hindu household by his farmer and priest father, Pandit Banaras Tiwari.
- Hemwanti, his mother, stays at home. Pankaj has two senior brothers and two senior sisters. The youngest of Tripathi’s siblings.
- Pankaj wed Mridula, a teacher by profession, on January 15, 2004.
Aashi Tripathi, the couple’s lovely daughter, is another blessing.
- When Pankaj was having trouble, his wife Mridula gave him a lot of support.
- To assist Tripathi financially, she began teaching in a Goregaon school.
- He continued to work as a farmer with his father up until the eleventh grade.
- Pankaj finished his education at the D.P.H. School in Gopalganj, Bihar. He was a fantastic athlete when he was in school.
- He has a lifelong passion for performing and frequently performed as a female artist at the Chhath Festivals in his Gopalganj hamlet.
- Pankaj’s father had always wanted him to become a doctor, therefore after graduating from high school, he was sent to Patna.
- He made the decision to join RSS while still a college student and rose to the position of leader of the student movement ABVP.
- Tripathi spent a few days in jail as a result of his involvement in campus politics and protests. He used to speak English with ease.
- After completing his academic coursework, Pankaj enrolled in a hotel management school as well.
- Pankaj has been employed as a cook at the Five-Star Hotel Maurya in Patna for the past two years.
- After spending a lengthy seven years in Patna, Pankaj later made the decision to go to Delhi.
- He enrolled in the National School of Drama and earned his degree there in 2004.
- However, Pankaj played for a long period in a lot of theatres prior to feature films.
- Tripathi is a tall, attractive actor who stands almost 5’10” (178 cm) tall.
- He is over 70 kg in weight and has black hair and dark brown eyes.
Pankaj also has a fantastic personality and body.
Career in Acting
- Pankaj moved to Mumbai following his graduation from the National School of Drama, where he was given the opportunity to play a supporting role in the movie “Run.”
- He co-stars in this film with Vijay Raaz and Abhishek Bachchan.
- Tripathi also had the opportunity to work in the Omkara movie, which brought him renown.
- He appears in the films Dharm, Raavan, and Chillar Party in a variety of roles.
- In addition, Pankaj has appeared in a number of television programs, including Powder and Zindagi Ka Kar Rang Gulaal.
- Additionally, he contributed to the Prakash Jha-directed film Apaharan. He co-starred in this film with a number of well-known performers, including Bipasha Basu and Ajay Devgan.
- 2012’s Gang of Wasseypur, a criminal drama series by Anurag Kashyap, was Pankaj’s professional debut.
- He is seen in this film portraying the brilliant character of henchman Sultan Qureshi.
- He received a lot of applause from the public for his superb performance in the movie, and Pankaj began to get more offers from different directors.
- Pankaj, who has worked on more than 40 movies, is also seen in Dabangg 2 and Fukrey playing a significant role.
- Tripathi also appeared as an actor in the 2015 films Masaan and Manjhi: The Mountain Main.
- He had the opportunity to collaborate with well-known performers like Richa Chadda, Sanjay Mishra, and Vicky Kaushal on this film.
- Before it was released in India, his film Massan screened at the Cannes Film Festival.
- He did, however, only have very little part to play in the film Massan, but he nonetheless earned a name for himself.
- The Shanker Raman-directed film Gurgaon gave Pankaj his first leading role. This movie came out in 2017.
- Amitabh Bachchan is a favorite actor of Pankaj Tripathi.
- Tripathi didn’t have access to television in his home until he was in the tenth grade, so he had no idea what movies or films were.
- Pankaj made the decision to continue his acting career after spending a week in jail.
Tripathi’s nearly eight to nine-hour interview was the longest of his life when he was called for the Gangs of Wasseypur audition.
- Pankaj’s narrative begins in a jail cell, moves to a hotel kitchen, and ends with him being a well-known actor on the big screen.
- He has a sizable fan base across many social media sites. On Twitter, Pankaj has 209.3k followers, and on Instagram, he has 3.9 million.
- Manoj Bajpai has always served as Pankaj Tripathi’s main source of inspiration.
- Tripathi twice had his applications for graduation from the National School of Drama refused.
- For the first time, Pankaj saw Mridula at his sister’s wedding. They were together for 11 long years before getting married.
- Andha Kuan- The play by Laxman Narayan Rai profoundly altered his life.
- When Pankaj joined Bihar Art Theatre, he just ate Khichdi to get by for a year.